Our Commitment To You
Provide quality, compassionate care to patients and strive for excellence in everything we do to care for you!
Dr. Ivan Edwards
Dr. Ivan Edwards is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
He holds memberships with the Aerospace Medical Association, the Society of USAF Flight Surgeons, and the Texas Medical Association. He was inducted as a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Society of Arts in August of 2021.
– Bachelor of Science (cum laude), Rivier University, Nashua, NH.
– Medical degree (doctorate), Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ.
– Internship, Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA.
– Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Dr. Edwards has been in practice for quite a few years. He humbly embodies the elements of expertise, competence, and experience, coupled with compassion for his patients.
As a PM&R specialist, Dr. Edwards has a special interest in electro- diagnostics, musculoskeletal medicine, non-invasive comprehensive pain management, manual medicine, sports-related injuries (such as Traumatic Brain Injury), joint, muscle and nerve pain.
Dr. Edwards’ philosophy and approach to medicine involves a holistic and collaborative approach to living well and avoiding getting sick or in pain the first time.
– Former ordained minister and pastor
– Co-founder, child sponsorship program in Uganda in the 1990s.
– USAF reservist and a veteran (at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel), still proudly serving his country.
He completed additional specialized training at the US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine.
– public speaker (both locally and internationally) and a community advocate.
Dr Edwards is also the founder/CEO of Jovana Rehabilitation Medicine & Pain PLLC.
He loves travel, sports, and reading.
LIVE YOUR BEST HEALTH